Sunday, February 12, 2012

My thoughts on 'FURY' by Elizabeth Miles

Fury (The Fury Trilogy #1)Fury by Elizabeth Miles

My rating: 3 of 5 stars


When I first started this book I wasn't sure I was going to like it because I really didn't like the MC, Em. She was a horrible bestfriend!

But as I kept reading I didn't let that bother me too much and just focused on the other aspects of the story.

This story is basically about revenge, karma, what goes around comes around. And I really liked the way Elizabeth goes about doing this.

Our MC, Em betrays her best friend in such a horrible way and thinks about nobody but herself. Because of this she is targeted, but things really don't start to happen to hear until near the end of the book.

Chase is the other character in the book who is also targeted, but you don't find out why he is targeted until towards the end of the book, when stuff starts happening to Em.

I like how Elizabeth draws everything else and how it is not just all thrown at us, but I wish that one of the characters Drea, had a bigger part. She was hinted at throughout the story, but when she was actually given her part I was disappointed by the lack of 'shock' value for her that you would think she should have had.

I was also disappointed by the explanation for what is happening to Em and Chase. I feel there should have been more of a background story to what was going on.

I did like the punishments that Em and Chase got though. They were very fitting to what they had done. (although I never would wish that on anyone, but this is just a book after all....lol)

There is a lot of bullying in this book tho and it was sad how common and harsh it seemed to be in this town/school.

In the end I am glad that I kept with the book and finished it.



View all my reviews

1 comment:

  1. Great review I agree totally having sex with your best friend bf while she is away doesnt count as a good friend in my view

    ReplyDelete