Saturday, February 5, 2011

The Extraordinary Secrets of April, May and June by Robin Benway

The Extraordinary Secrets of April, May, & JuneThe Extraordinary Secrets of April, May, & June by Robin Benway

My rating: 3 of 5 stars

(from Goodreads)
I hugged my sisters and they fit against my sides like two jigsaw pieces that would never fit anywhere else. I couldn’t imagine ever letting them go again, like releasing them would be to surrender the best parts of myself.

Three sisters share a magical, unshakable bond in this witty high-concept novel from the critically acclaimed author of Audrey, Wait! Around the time of their parents’ divorce, sisters April, May, and June recover special powers from childhood—powers that come in handy navigating the hell that is high school. Powers that help them cope with the hardest year of their lives. But could they have a greater purpose?

April, the oldest and a bit of a worrier, can see the future. Middle-child May can literally disappear. And baby June reads minds—everyone’s but her own. When April gets a vision of disaster, the girls come together to save the day and reconcile their strained family. They realize that no matter what happens, powers or no powers, they’ll always have each other.

Because there’s one thing stronger than magic: sisterhood.


I really enjoyed this book, (I would give this 3.5) but there was something missing and the ending fell short for me....

This book is about 3 sisters, April, May and June, who discover that they have supernatural powers. Each sister is able to do something different and they try at first to only use them for important things, but soon they end up using them for other things and it leads to problems between the three of them. But at the end of the story they are happy that they did use their powers despite if it wasn't for they agreed to use them for.

I really liked the characters of the 3 sisters and May was my favorite. They all had their own personalities and they all cared for each other, but yet, they all got sick of each other as siblings do.

April is the oldest and she is the bossy one always looking out for the others even when they don't need it. May is the middle child who is sarcastic and emotional as she is trying to deal with her parents recent divorce, and June is the youngest who is just trying to fit in at her new school and is doing whatever it takes to do that.

This is the first book I have read by Robin Benway and I really enjoyed her writing style and would definitely read another book by her. I only wish there was a little more drama at the end of this book.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment