Wednesday, January 5, 2011

CHOKER by Elizabeth Woods

ChokerChoker by Elizabeth Woods

My rating: 5 of 5 stars

(from Goodreads)
Sixteen-year-old Cara Lange has been a loner ever since she moved away from her best and only friend, Zoe, years ago. She eats lunch with the other girls from the track team, but they're not really her friends. Mostly she spends her time watching Ethan Gray from a distance, wishing he would finally notice her, and avoiding the popular girls who call her "Choker" after a humiliating incident in the cafeteria.

Then one day Cara comes home to find Zoe waiting for her. Zoe's on the run from problems at home, and Cara agrees to help her hide. With her best friend back, Cara's life changes overnight. Zoe gives her a new look and new confidence, and next thing she knows, she's getting invited to parties and flirting with Ethan. Best of all, she has her BFF there to confide in.

But just as quickly as Cara's life came together, it starts to unravel. A girl goes missing in her town, and everyone is a suspect—including Ethan. Worse still, Zoe starts behaving strangely, and Cara begins to wonder what exactly her friend does all day when she's at school. You're supposed to trust your best friend no matter what, but what if she turns into a total stranger?


Wow! This was unlike any other YA book that I have read before and I am so excited to read more from this author.

When I was about half way through I was thinking that I knew what was happening and I already knew I would give this book a 4 stars, but at about pg. 173 things changed and I realized that I what I thought I knew I actually didn't know and by the end of the book there was no way I would be giving this book any less then 5 stars!

This book is about a girl named Cara who is in HS and who is somewhat of a loner. Although she is on the track team she doesn't have any friends who she talks to outside of school and barely anyone that she even talks to inside of school.

When an incident happens one day at lunch and people start teasing her about it she get really depressed. Then one day she gets out of the shower to find her childhood best friend in her room. Nobody knows she is there and Cara's parents don't like her and since she has run away they will tell the police if they find out she is there, so Cara keeps her hidden in her room.

Next thing we know a girl from school is found dead face down in her pool, apparently from drowning and a week or so later the girls best friend ends up missing. Something is definitely going on, but what? Aside from this sad and scary news, Cara is starting to get friends and the boy she has had a crush on is finally noticing her.

But then things start to come together, and what you think was, isn't and who you thought you knew, you don't.

The ending to this book was great!! I love these types of books and Elizabeth Woods doesn't fail to deliver. This book is for sure a psychological thriller!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment