Monday, January 31, 2011

Interview with KATE O'HEGARTY (author of Mieradome)

I am so thrilled to do my first author interview with Kate O'Hegarty! Kate wrote Mieradome which was  published on July 30, 2010. It was published by Authorhouse and has 340 pages.

Mieradome

   Mieradome is "like a twisted Alice in Wonderland with a zing of dragons, leprechauns, Faeries, & doppelgängers!" It has been featured in the June/July 2010 issue of Girls Life Magazine, Fantasy E-zineFaerieworld.com and Faerieworld 2010 summer reading event. You can purchase Mieradome at Amazon.com, Barnes & Noble, Borders, IndieBound and Authorhouse.

This book sounds very good and I am hoping to get my hands on it pretty soon so I can do a review on it....but in the meantime, here is my interview with Kate O'Hegarty.


1. Is this your first book?
Yes. This is my first published book.

2. What age is this book written for?
My book, Mieradome, is written for ages 11+

3. Where did you get the idea for this book?
I got the idea for this book from my own paternal family heritage and coat of arms. I have a video here that I discuss that topic. 



4. How long did it take you to write this book?
It took me about 1 year to write the bare bones of the story and then a couple more years to fill in the gaps and make everything flow together.

5. Where you trying to convey a message through this book? and if so, what message was that?
Mieradome is ‘like a twisted Alice in Wonderland’, about a young faerie girl Amavia who is on a search of self-discovery. The book is essentially about good and evil and how that can sometimes over take us. It is also about the duality of our internal natures, the yin & yang.

6. Where is the best place for you to write?
Best place for me to write is in a comfortable chair sitting with my laptop in my lap.

7. When/where do you seem to get your best ideas?
I get my best ideas when I’m traveling. I think being out of my normal routine helps because it gets me thinking ‘outside the box’. I tend to think more creatively and find ideas that can actually add up and work together to form a cohesive storyline.

8. Did anyone inspire you to write?
C.S. Lewis is a great inspiration on taking a small idea and then expanding on it. George Lucas (the filmmaker, who is from my hometown), showed me that people from small towns can dream big and go somewhere and be successful.

9. Have you always wanted to be a writer?
Yes! I have always wanted to be a writer. I can’t quite imagine being anything else. I love to research ideas and think about things around me, and how I can make a story out of that.

It was such a great honor to be able to interview Kate and I look forward to reading Mieradome.  If you haven't, you should also pick up a copy. I would love to hear what you think of it-as I am sure Kate would love to hear about also.

Here is look at the trailer too....to get you more hyped about the book!





Until next time, Have a great "read"....

No comments:

Post a Comment