Friday, January 28, 2011

Content Labels

So this new topic has been popping up around You Tube lately (don't read a lot of blogs so not sure if it is showing up around the blogosphere too)...anyway, it is about content labels on books.

Everyone has their opinions on this and I didn't think it would be such a heated discussion until I posted my topic video and started getting comments from everyone.

I think that books should have some content label on them like movies and music do, and like I just found out, like manga does also. All it has to have is something small on the bottom of the back of the book or on the inside flap. Mostly for YA books I think...I think those are the books that have a blurry line.

Younger and younger kids are reading YA books but not all YA books are appropriate. I am not talking about any kind of censorship because I don't agree or support that, but I think that giving people (mostly parents) the heads up of what is in a book can be nothing but a good thing.

Not all parents read and even the ones that do, they don't always have the time to read a book before their kids to see if it is appropriate for them or not. And yes, there are reviews out there but they don't always state if their is something inappropriate in them for younger audiences because that is usually not why they are reviewing the book.

You can watch my video here and let me know what you think of this either in the comments section of my blog or on my video...I would love to hear what you think about this.

Until next time, Have a good "read"....

No comments:

Post a Comment