Thursday, December 9, 2010

Just didn't feel like it

As many of you probably know I was in a car accident last Thursday and the doctor ordered that I take a week off of work. Apart from the money I am losing, I am also bored. Yes, I am still hurting and that is why the doctor didn't want me to work, but when you are on pain pills and are laid up in bed you don't feel as bad, and in fact, you start to get a little restless. Well, at least I did.

So since I had to go mail some books that people requested from me off of goodreads.com I decided to stop at Goodwill and see what books they had. I was really excited to see what they had since I hadn't been there in a few months. I know though that, at least, the store by my house hardly ever has any YA books but sometimes you get lucky, so I wasn't holding my breath for anything.

So as I was looking up and down the shelves seeing if anything caught my eye, I was surprised to find "An Abundance of Katherine's" by John Green in really great shape along with a few other books. I also found a biography on Benjamin Franklin. It was really neat-hardback with the rough paper edges.

But then...as I was standing there with these books in my hands, I thought, "Do I really need to get these?" And I just wasn't excited anymore. That thrill that I usually get when I am buying books just wasn't there. So I put the books back. I walked out of there without buying one thing.

Does that ever happen to any of you? You want to buy a book, or two, or three, but then when you get ready to buy them, you just aren't in the mood?

Until next time, Have a good "Read"...

No comments:

Post a Comment