Saturday, December 11, 2010

Revised and Reprints

So, I have been reading for as long as I can remember and I am obviously an avid reader, but I never paid attention to how exactly a book came to be or the different issues of books out there, until the other day when I was shopping for, what else, but books. I noticed for the first time, next to the title or publication date that it said "revised"....

I tried googling what that meant exactly but for some odd reason I can't seem to find a solid answer. I came across Yahoo answers, but there are different answers there. A few people said it was whenever they had to print more books and then someone else said that it was when they changed something about the book, whether it be the cover or the size of the book.

Can anyone tell me what the difference is between the two? Revised and reprinted? Revised seems obvious. That something has changed, so they "revised" it, but what about "reprint". I will keep looking and will update this blog when I come across the "correct" answer.

Until next time, Have a great "read"...

1 comment:

  1. reprint means rerelease for example:

    "Goosebumps- haunted mask" 1993 BOOK COVER
    then they want more kids to read it so they re-release/reprint with a brand new cover which is the only difference with reprinting. hope i helped - Richard

    ReplyDelete