Saturday, December 18, 2010

Where, oh where....

I really wish it was Christmas already. I am as bad as the kids because I want my gifts NOW...LOL! I keep trying to talk my husband into letting me have at least one of them now, especially since I already know what I am getting...but he still refuses. I guess it is a good thing that everything was shipped to his dads house, otherwise I don't know how much longer he would be able to hold out. And then, when Christmas did come I would probably be bummed that I already got my gifts.

Anyway, this post is about where you like to read? Or where can you read? I have been off of work for the past week and I thought it would have been the perfect opportunity to read a lot...but that didn't happen as well as I thought it would. Basically because I can not just read anywhere.

I have tried to read in multiple places over the years but it just doesn't work out.
  • In the car-nope, motion sickness
  • On the couch with the hubby-nope, because I can't tune the TV out
  • In the same room as the kids-nope, because I can't tune the kids out
  • Doctors office-nope, because I start to people watch (distraction)
and on and on it goes, til the only place left that I can read is in my room, all by myself. No distractions. Complete silence.

I am so envious of others that can just bring a book with them where ever they go and read no matter where they are at. If I could do that I would blow through more books then I do now.

Does anyone else have the same problem that I do? I would love to hear it so please leave it in the comments.

Until next time, Have a good "read"....

4 comments:

  1. I actually have this problem! lol I am 22 years old and I share my bedroom with a 9 year old and a 12 year old, it's insane & the room is rarely left to me by myself only when I lock the door to do my youtube videos haha. I read on my bed often but If I simply cannot take it anymore I take a quick walk to the park with a small blanket and read until the moon comes out lol I suggest finding a good spot in your home where it's empty often, maybe the kitchen or the garage lol I used to have a brown recliner that stayed in the garage and i used to stay in there nearly all night reading my head off! lol but yeah I feel you and hope you find a sacred place for devouring your books :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't have this problem I love road trips cause I read in the car, I listen to audiobooks all day at work, and I am home alone most of the time so no distractions except the computer! I can usually tune out music or tv but never other people

    ReplyDelete
  3. I somewhat have this problem. I can't read (a) in the car because of motion sickness, like you and (b) anywhere around my two older sisters because they are loud!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's hardly a problem for me, as to where I can read, but it depends on certain things. Mostly though, I find that I love reading on the train.

    ReplyDelete