Thursday, December 23, 2010

Off the Shelf 2011 Reading Challenge

So how are you guys doing with getting ready to start all of these new challenges out their for the new year? I am so super excited and I hope that I remember to keep updated on all of them. Haha!

So far I am participating in the "2011 Debut Author Challenge" hosted by Kristi over at The Story Siren, "100+ Books read in 2011" hosted by My Overstuffed Bookshelf and now I have added another one..."Off the Shelf Reading Challenge" hosted by Bookish Ardour.

This latest challenge will be great for me as I have a never ending TBR pile. I swear my bookshelves are overflowing with all the books that I HAVEN'T read yet, because when I read a book I take it off the shelf and pack it away usually.

This challenge will be perfect for me so I can hopefully have some incentive to start making some sort of dent in my pile of books here. So if you have any TBR books laying around your house you might want to check out this challenge too.


Off The Shelf!


The challenge begins on the 1st of January and ends on the 31st of December 2011

Note: This challenge is to read those books you own copies of, but have never got around to reading. If you don't have many that you own, but have a massive TBR shelf you're welcome to read those ones as long as you don't add new ones. You don't need to actually get rid of your books after you've read them, this is just to read them.

How To Participate
  1. Decide which challenge level you'll be doing (further below) - do not include books that you buy from the start of this challenge.
  2. Grab the code for the badge down below and post it on a side bar or in a signature (if you want to participate, but aren't blogging, on a social network or forum - Submission For Non Bloggers).
  3. Create your own post to let all your readers know you’re taking part in the challenge and at what level (if you're really proficient you can list your books!). Make sure to link back to this page with either one of the buttons or a text link..
  4. Use the link form below to enter into the challenge by sharing your challenge post url and your name (either your name, blog name, or both).Please don't use the comment form to participate, only to comment on the challenge or something else..
  5. Submit your reviews (if you choose to review them, but that is optional) on the review page.
  6. When you’ve completed you’re challenge let us know on the completion post. If you're using a tag or category I recommend sharing the link back to that so everyone can find them

Challenge Levels
  1. Tempted–  Choose 5 books to read
  2. Trying – Choose 15 books to read
  3. Making A Dint – Choose 30 books to read
  4. On A Roll – Choose 50 books to read
  5. Flying Off – Choose 75 books to read
For extra hard challenges
  1. Hoarder – Choose 76-125 books to read
  2. Buried – Choose 126-200 books to read
I have picked to do "On a Roll"....I know that I should be able to read at least 50 books from my TBR pile, but if I read more that will be a plus. At least I won't feel pressured....

2 comments:

  1. I'm doing Off The Shelf too, but only the 15 book level. I've got 4 challenges going on - I hope I can finish them.
    Good luck!
    Kristy @ Dreaming By Day

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am really excited about this challenge. I figure I can mix these books in with other challenges so it is all good. Hopefully...haha!

    ReplyDelete