Thursday, December 22, 2011

My thoughts on 'ALL GOOD CHILDREN' by Catherine Austin

All Good ChildrenAll Good Children by Catherine Austen

My rating: 4 of 5 stars


I loved this book! From the minute I picked it up I just wanted to keep reading.



This is a dystopian novel about a family that lives in a well to do community. But with living in a well to do community comes with a price and that price is the 'vaccinations' the schools start giving to the students...but for what, do you ask?



Well, you tell me...Soon after getting these vaccines the students lose all emotion and personality. All of a sudden they are well behaved and say exactly the right thing. But is this really a good thing?



Max, the main character, and his younger sister Ally happened to be gone the first week that the schools began giving these vaccinations, and since they started at the younger grades, Ally ended up missing it. But immediately upon returning they noticed a change in the kids at the school. They were not exactly sure what it was but the more days that past, Max became even more suspicious.



I found this book so good! I could connect with the characters...esp Max, because he reminded me of my son, Gage (except for the troublemaking). I loved watching how the kids were being transformed and how Max was trying to prevent that from happening to him and his sister.



Unfortunately everything does not go as planned in Max's life and things start to get even more intense.



This story reminded me loosely of a Dean Koontz novel and I love Dean Koontz!



If you haven't read this or added it to your wish list/TBR list I suggest that you do now!



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment