Monday, December 19, 2011

My thoughts on "INVINCIBLE SUMMER" by Hannah Moskowitz


MY THOUGHTS

I do not have a lot to say on this book, but I still wanted to update you guys and say something.

I am not big on 'coming of age' stories, and this is what this book was about. It took place at the families beach house over 4 summers. It was from a males perspective which was nice, but there just wasn't enough angst, turmoil, upheaval, excitement in this book for me. Yes, something tragic happens but there wasn't enough time spent on that incident for me to really feel for it.

It wasn't a bad book by any means, but it just didn't do anything for me. I know this book has gotten a lot of great reviews, and I have read Hannah's book, "Break", which was completely different from this one and which I loved.

Happy a Merry Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment