Tuesday, December 27, 2011

My thoughts on 'MY BEATING TEENAGE HEART' by C.K. Kelly Martin

My Beating Teenage HeartMy Beating Teenage Heart by C.K. Kelly Martin

My rating: 3 of 5 stars


This one took me longer then usual to read because of the holidays...

What a sad, sad story. Seriously...the whole thing was so sad to me. I didn't see anything uplifting through the whole thing. So be prepared. If you like contemporary, if you like sad things...and if you don't...just be prepared to cry and to be sad.

The story is from two characters view points; Ashlyn and Breckon. Ashlyn is dead and is looking over Breckon, who is going through a horrible time. You don't know why Ashlyn was put to look over Breckon until the very end. But it is diffulcult because Ashlyn cannot do anything to change things and try as she might to reach out to him he just doesn't notice. Very frustrating.

So you are following Breckon around in his everyday life, watching him go through all of these emotions. Sad, anger, helplessness, guilt, agony, etc. And he never comes out of that the whole story.

At the same time you learn bits and pieces about Ashlyn at the same time as she is recalling them.

At the very end is were everything comes together.

I really liked the alternating narratives of the story and I loved the writing. The characters were great and even the story was really good. I only wish that there wasn't so much heartache throughout the whole book.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment