Wednesday, November 23, 2011

My thoughts on "The Julian Game" by Adele Griffin

(from Goodreads)

All  new girl Raye Archer wants is a way into the in crowd, so when ice-queen Ella Parker picks her to get back at her ex, the gorgeous Julian Kilgarry, Raye is more than game. Even if it means creating a fake Facebook identity so she can learn enough about Julian to sabotage him. It's a fun and dangerous thrill at first, but Raye hadn't counted on falling for Julian herself-and igniting Ella's rage.

As Raye works to reconcile the temptress Elizabeth with her real-life self, Ella serves up her own revenge, creating an online smear campaign of nasty rumors and trashy photographs. Suddenly notorious, Raye has to find a way out of the web of deceit that she's helped to build, and back to the relationships that matter.

Adele Griffin's riveting novel explores the issues of generation Facebook: the desire to be someone else, real versus online friends, and the pitfalls and fallouts of posting your personal life online for all the world to judge.

MY THOUGHTS
The Julian GameThe Julian Game by Adele Griffin

My rating: 2 of 5 stars




I am sorry for the low rating, but this book just didn't follow through for me on what it promised.
The whole Facebook thing didn't last very long and the characters were just meh....Julian feel flat to me w/ no emotions. And the bullying that went on in here was middle school stuff (well, maybe not nowadays)...but it was just basically name calling.

I felt as if there was no depth to this story. There was very little drama and everthing happened so quickly. There was no time spent to build a climax.

I felt if the author spent more time developing her characters and some back story and then drew some things out it would have been awhole lot better.

I am sorry, but these are just my thoughts on the book.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment