Sunday, November 13, 2011

My thoughts on "The Karma Club" by Jessica Brody


"The Karma Club" by Jessica Brody

(from Goodreads)

Madison Kasparkova always thought she understood how Karma works. Do good things and you'll be rewarded, do something bad and Karma will make sure you get what you deserve.

But when Maddy’s boyfriend cheats on her, nothing bad comes his way. That’s why Maddy starts the Karma Club, to clean up the messes that the universe has left behind. Sometimes, though, it isn’t wise to meddle with the universe.

It turns out Karma often has plans of its own.

MY THOUGHTS

I was pleasantly surprised by this book. I usually don't read girly books because I need more drama and deeper subject matter then what they offer, but I was at the library and thought, "why not?"...

First, let me say that this book was not fluffy, kissy, cheesy, and anything like that. It wasn't even all about lovey-dovey stuff which I was so relieved about...lol....

Instead this book was about a group of girls that were wronged by their (ex)boyfriends and are out for revenge.

The characters were likeable and I could relate to them. I am sure everyone could relate them at least one at one time in their lives...if not, more...being hurt and then getting angry about it. Trying to right wrongs....wondering why some ppl can get away with doing all kinds of things that are just not "right", but others seem to have to pay the "price" one way or another.

The girls were so frustrated about this that they decided to take matters into their own hands. And what they did, just made matters worse. Can we say "Karma?"....

Hence, the title: "The Karma Club"...but is it what you think?        




No comments:

Post a Comment