Wednesday, November 10, 2010

BLUE IS FOR NIGHTMARES-Laurie Faria Stolarz

Blue Is For Nightmares (Blue Is For Nightmares, #1)Blue Is For Nightmares by Laurie Faria Stolarz

My rating: 4 of 5 stars


I feel like I am being too generous with my ratings lately, but every book I am reading I have truly liked.

I was debating on whether to give this book 3 or 4 stars, but I decided to give it 4 because of the suspense that was in this book.

I thought at first that the book was moving a bit slow, but when I reached about 100pages things started to pick up for me, and I really liked the ending.

This book is about a girl named Stacey, who is just your typical girl, except that is a hereditary witch. Not a witch like in paranormal books, but like WICCA.

The story takes place in a boarding school and centers around Stacey and her 2 friends Amber and Drea. From the beginning of the book Stacey is having nightmares about her roommate and best friend, Drea, that are the same each night. On top of having the nightmares she is also having an issue that accompanies those nightmares. This issue threw me for most of the book because I couldn't understand why it was in the book. What did it have to do with anything? Until the very end did it come together. Stacey also has premonitions (her nightmares) and this is what the story is about.

Stacey is trying to figure out what her nightmares mean exactly when creepy things start happening to Drea. Now Stacey is more determined then ever to figure out her nightmares and protect Drea at all costs.

The characters in this story are great. Stacey is just your typical girl. She isn't the "popular" girl or the "athletic" girl. She is just a girl with a crush, difficulty with subjects at school and a few friends (and oh yeah, she is a witch). She is also a brave and determined girl.

Drea is Stacey's roommate and friend, and she is the girl that every guy wants and every girl hates. When stuff starts happening to Drea she is annoyed at first, then scared and then angry and then scared again. She is the type of girl that knows she can get whatever she wants from the guys and the girl that thinks they all belong to her.

Amber is their other friend. I love Amber. She was my favorite character. She is quirky, over the top. She is sarcastic and witty. She has a teddy bear backpack and she paints ducks on her eyelids. : )

There are a few other characters in this book also that the book centers around, as the possible suspects, but I won't get into them here. Just know that they are very good characters also.

This book is definitely a suspense filled, who-dun-it book. The only thing that I didn't really care for in this book, is the lack of action. I wish more intense things would have happened. But regardless, it kept my interest and has me looking forward to reading the next book in the series, White is for Magic.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment