Sunday, November 28, 2010

Reading slump

I was trying to read "Rebel Angels" the other day by Libba Bray, but I just couldn't get into it. I absolutely loved "A great and terrible beauty" so I was excited to start the second book to the series. But....I could almost tell from the very first page that it just wasn't clicking with me this time. The story wasn't flowing, I couldn't stay focused.

So after about 30something pages I just gave up on it. This was one long book (over 500 pages) so I didn't want to waste time getting into such a big book if I wasn't feeling it now. So, I put it aside and hope to be able to read it at a later date. I mean, how could I LOVE the first book and at least not like A LOT the second book, right??

After this happened I was kind of bummed and didn't really want to start a new book. But I made myself and so grabbed a short book this time determined to finish it even if I don't like it, because I hate not finishing books (which is a topic for another day). And guess what?! It worked, because the book I am reading now I actually like.

So what do you do when you get into a reading slump? What do you do to get back into reading?

Until next time, Have a good "read"...

No comments:

Post a Comment