Saturday, November 27, 2010

Not into a book?

I just posted how I couldn't get into Libba Brays "Rebel Angels" and so I just set it aside for later reading. I really hate not finishing a book, but like I heard someone else say (Jessica from Beauty equals Hate), there are too many books out there to waste your time on a book that you don't like. I whole-heartily agree with her about that. I have so many to be read books on my bookshelf alone, that I don't have time spending on a book that I don't care for or that I can't get into to. I understand some books have a slow start to them, so I will vary on how many pages I will read before I abandon the book.

So what about the rest of you? What do you do if you are reading a book that just isn't doing it for you? How far do you read before you decide that this just isn't a book for you? Do you set it aside to try again later? completely dismiss it and either sell it or donate it? Or do you make yourself finish it? Regardless of whatever you do I am curious to know WHY you do that?

Until next time, Have a good "read"....

1 comment:

  1. I tend to give a book way too long--sometimes 1/2 way. I don't like leaving them unfinished and there are only a few I've purposely quit reading.

    ReplyDelete