Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Have to read this...

I don't know about you, but I am forever perusing YouTube, blogs and the online bookstores trying to find the next best book. Even though I have TONS sitting on my shelves waiting to be read, I just can't seem to get enough.

I spend more hours online looking at different websites/blogs then I probably actually do reading. Why I find the strong urge to have to do this daily I do not know, but I know that it is a craving that I have to fulfill each and every day or I obsess over it and get nothing done. LOL!

So, today during one of my perusals on YouTube I came across cadlvideos reviewing the book Glimpse by Carol Lynch Williams. This book was published in June of 2010, so it is a new book, which surprises me that I haven't heard of it yet. This book is also written in verse and contains 496pgs.

After hearing the review I am very excited to read this and can't wait to get my hands on it!

(from B&N)

In one moment
it is over.
In one moment
it is gone.
The morning grows
thin, grey
and our lives-
how they were-
have vanished.
Our lives have
changed
when I walk in
on Lizzie
my sister
holding a shotgun.
Twelve year old girl Hope's life is turned upside down when her older sister Lizzie becomes an elective mute and is institutionalized after trying to kill herself. Ever since their dad died Hope and Lizzie have relied on each other from a young age. Their mother is a reluctant and unreliable parent at best, who turns tricks to support the family. Throughout the course of this lyrical and heartbreaking narrative readers and Hope discover that the mother is prostituting Lizzie and it’s up to Hope to bring the truth to light to save her sister.



Until next time, Have a great "read"....

1 comment:

  1. I'm constantly on the look out for new books--I never have enough, even when my book shelves are full and I wouldn't possibly be able to read everything I own if I read for five years straight!

    ReplyDelete