Saturday, November 13, 2010

SOLID by Shelley Workinger

Solid (Solid, #1)Solid by Shelley Workinger

My rating: 3 of 5 stars


This book is from self published author Shelley Workinger and it is the first in a series.

I give this book a 3/5* because I feel that it could have been longer. But let me start with the good points.

The idea of the story I really liked. Kids that have special abilities because their chromosomes were messed with while they were still in their parents stomachs. And this was all done without the parents knowing about it.

I liked the characters. Clio, is the main character, and she is a witty and sarcastic girl. I seem to be drawn to characters like that. LOL!

Then there is Bliss, but I couldn't gather too much from Bliss unfortunately.

Miranda was outspoken and not shy. She wasn't afraid to voice her opinions or insert herself where she wasn't wanted, and because of this she was kind of annoying.

Jack, was another one from their little "group" and him and Clio had a thing going. I feel that that happened a little to quick for me and Jack was the "perfect" person. Athletic, smart, kind, etc. That was almost annoying too. Oh, and he had no special abilities, or at least that we know about right now.

Then there is Garrett who is a loudmouth. Another annoying character, although that is what he is supposed to be in this book.

All in all, I like the plot and the characters, but I didn't care for how quick the story went by. It was as if everything was only touched upon. Nothing was built up so there was no climax or anticipation of anything. And by the synopsis you would think that the story would be mostly about the special abilities that these kids have acquired, but it does quite the opposite. It only briefly touches upon that and focuses more on the kids becoming friends.
Hopefully the next book is more in depth about everything and hopefully we get to know more about the kids and the abilities that they have.

Until next time, Have a good "read"....


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment