Friday, November 12, 2010

SOME GIRLS ARE-Courtney Summers

Some Girls AreSome Girls Are by Courtney Summers

My rating: 3 of 5 stars


OK, this was a good book, but I think that it could have been better. I wanted to give it 3.5* but I don't think I can on here....anyway...

The book is about a girl, Regina, who gets bullied daily by her ex-best friends, because the "leader" of the group believes that she did something against her, so she makes her life hell every day...

At first it seemed good, and the story kept building and building but when the climax happened at the very end it kind of fell flat to me. It was too abrupt. Too sudden, and then that was it.

Overall, it was a good book, I just wish there was a little bit more to the ending.

The characters weren't bad either. Regina, the main character, started off as a follower and a bully herself, but ended up being bullied and by the end of the book she learned some things about herself and changed her ways.

Anna, the "queen bee", the "leader", of the group of girls who Regina used to hang out with is just a Bitch! A snob who has everyone doing her bidding. I have known girls like that in school myself.

Kara, is also in the group and she seems to be the one who should be "leader" by the way she opens her mouth (another bitch, but worse then Anna, I think!) and does all this stuff to Regina. Kara is the one who started it all. And probably to get back at Regina for when Regina treated her like crap. Still, it is sad to say that there are really girls like Kara out there.

Michael, is the kid who's life Regina group of friends made a living hell. Regina being the one to do most of the stuff to him because Anna told her to. But Regina didn't feel bad about doing it either. Until that is, the same things are being done to her and she understands what Michael went through. The "relationship" that happens between Michael and Regina is one, that believe it or not, happens more often then not.

Liz, is another girl that was bullied by this group of girls and who relishes in what is happening to Regina, until things go too far.

These girls are out to kill. They live to ruin peoples lives and like I said above, it is sad that there are actually people like this out there.

All in all a good book, although I wish the ending could of been a bit different. Maybe if it didn't end so quickly.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment