Saturday, November 6, 2010

GLIMPSE by Carol Lynch Williams

GlimpseGlimpse by Carol Lynch Williams

My rating: 5 of 5 stars


This book was amazing! I absolutely loved it and could not put it down! I finished this book in 2 hours...

This is a story about sisters, Lizzie and Hope, who live with only their mother, since their father died when they were younger. Lizzie is now 14, I believe, since it doesn't really say and Hope is a year younger.

Hope walks in on Lizzie attempting suicide and catches her just in time (not a spoiler) and so Lizzie is admitted into a psychiatric hospital.

The story basically takes off from there...

Hope is trying to figure out why her sister would want to kill herself. Her and Lizzie are like the best of the friends. They share a room and everything else with each other and Hope is really confused, sad and angry about this.

Lizzie's mother on the other hand, seems to be hiding something and although supportive and there for Lizzie, by visiting her at the hospital and visiting with the doctor when requested, she keeps telling Hope not to say anything. Not to offer any information.

You start to get a feel that something isn't right, that their mother is up to something and by the end of the book you are in for a big shocker!

This is a deep, but quick read and I highly recommend it. This books is written in verse but you get used to right away.

I also recommend NOT reading any reviews on this book (amazon, etc) because I read one (forgot what website) and it gave away why Lizzie attempted suicide. Even though I already knew I still loved the book, but if you don't know it makes for an even bigger "WTF??"

View all my reviews

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for the spoiler warning! It sounds like a good book and I've a couple books spoiled by reading reviews, so I'll enjoy it even more when I pick it up.

    ReplyDelete