Thursday, January 19, 2012

Mia's story for Literature....

Mia had to write some entries for literature where she is the main character from a book or movie. She chose to do the Darkest Powers series by Kelley Armstrong.

She kind of followed went actually happened but in her own words. Remember this was for school. She is in 6th grade...


The Escape plan…

My name is Chloe Saunders, and right now I’m at Lyle house, a sort of “home” for people with problems, in Derek’s and Simon’s room. Dr.Davidoff and the other nurses think that we’re studying but in reality we’re planning our escape route.

Why escape?, you’re probably wondering. Well I’ll tell you why. Dr.Davidoff is keeping us here telling our parents that we have mental problems and are giving us medicine that will help us, but really we’re all special. In a good way. And the “medicine” that he’s giving us is to get our powers under control. For example. I’m a necromancer. I can raise the dead, see them, talk to them, and all that. Simon’s a sorcerer, Rae can control fire, and Derek. Well we don’t know what Derek is yet. Well there is one of us who just really does need some serious help. That person’s Taylor.

“Then we sneak out the back door.”

Simon said sounding proud of himself.

“The backdoor? You do realize that it has sensors right?”

I blurted.

The backdoor has sensors that can only be deactivated by a code, and I’m pretty sure none of us know what it is.

“Did you guys forget about me?”

Derek budded in. Clearly annoyed.

“No.” I lied.

“Anyways, if you haven’t already forgotten, that I not only have peculiar eyesight and sense of smell but also steps as soft as a cat’s and K-9 hearing, I already have the code.

“Great so when do we leave?” I asked.

You guys leave tonight. As for me. I’m just cracking the code, them going back to bed.”

There was no use arguing, so we just left it at that.
 

Mission Escape In action…
I awoke in a haze to the buzzing of my alarm clock. I got up and looked over to see Rae still sleeping peacefully. I had almost forgotten that she was tagging along. After I went over to the closet and got our bags down, I tiptoed over to Rae and shook her awake.

“I’m up. I’m up.”

She murmured sitting up right.

“You better be. It’s time to go.” I shot back.

“Finally.” She pouted, standing up and stretching.

Once she was done, we headed downstairs into the kitchen.

To my surprise, only Simon awaited us.

“Where’s Derek”? I asked tossing Rae’s her bag. She had been to lazy to carry it down the stairs, therefore making me carry it.

“I couldn’t find him anywhere, but we have to go.” Simon explained.

“But Derek has the code.” Rae pointed out.

“The backdoor was already open when I got down here.” Simon told us.

“Good then you two go. I’ll find Derek.” I said backing out of the kitchen.

“but-” Simon started but was cut off by Rae.

“There’s no time to argue.” And pulled Simon out the open doorway.

It didn’t occur to me to check out side in until I was done looking in every single room. It was colder and darker than I expected.

I was heading toward the shed when I saw it. Derek’s bright, white, running shoe.

“Derek?” I whispered.

“Go!” he growled.

“Why are you back there?” I questioned, ignoring his order, and tiptoed closer.

“Stay back!”

“Are you okay?”

“Go. Away. Chloe.

It surprised me that I wasn’t that surprised at what I saw.

Derek was in the middle of his transformation.
 

Code Red…
I stayed with Derek until one of the nurses started out the door.

“Give me your shoe.”

I ordered Derek.

“What?”

“Give. Me. Your. Shoe. I have a plan.”

I repeated. He finally handed me his shoe. Confusion written all over his face.

I took of one of my own shoes off and hopped out into view. Pulling on Derek’s oversized shoe.

“Chloe?” She asked.

“yeah.” I replied, pulling down the part of my shirt that flipped up, down.

“What do you think your doing out here?”

She asked stepping forward.

“Finishing what Derek and I started in the attic.”

I said hardly a whisper.

I could feel my face going red at the lie.

“There’s no use, trying to come up with an excuse. Don’t think I don’t know what you’re up to.” She smirked. Stepping closer.

“I-I d-don’t know w-what your t-talking about.”

I stuttered

“We also know that you stutter when you lie. You not fooling anyone, Mrs. Saunders.” She kept coming closer and I kept backing up until my back hit the wall.

“So tell me where they are.” She urged.

I noticed something shining in her hand. It took me a minute to realize that it was a gun. Noticing my gaze she lifted it up, pointing it at the center of my head.

“Oh this?” She laughed, but before she could pull the trigger, Derek pounced on her. The crack of the nurse’s head meeting concrete echoed though the air.

“Where are the others?” Derek growled, grabbing my arm and dragging me back towards the shed.

“I told them to go on while I went to go find you.”

I told him, not even bothering to struggle ageist his death grip.

“You such an idiot.”

He sighed, stopping in front of the gate.

“climb.” he added.

“I’m not a very good climber.” I admitted.

Without another word Derek tossed me up and over the gate.

I landed on my butt with a “thump”

“CODE RED!”

I heard Dr.Davidoff scream. He must have found the nurse.

“Derek. Hurry up.” I whispered franticly. As if on cue he came souring over the top of gate, landing on all fours.

“Come on!”

He said viciously, once again grabbing my arm.

We were darting across someone’s backyard when all the shouting started.

Last step to freedom…
“We’re almost there.” Derek said, almost sounding happy.

He sniffed the air again and headed left.

“Chloe? Derek?” Came an oddly familiar voice from the shadows.

Derek stiffened. Then raced toward the voice as if his life depended on it.

Moments later Simon and Rae stepped from the shadows.

“What took you so long?” Simon pouted.

“It happened.” Derek replied looking down at his now bare feet.

“What happened?” Rae asked.

“His transformation”

I replied.

“That narrows it down.”

She said her voice icy.

“Into a werewolf” Simon mumbled.

“We should go now. Their now far behind.”

Derek interrupted clearly wanting to change the subject.

Simon, taking the hint headed down the streets with us not far behind.

No comments:

Post a Comment