Thursday, January 19, 2012

My thoughts on 'THE ALCHEMY OF FOREVER' by Avery Williams

The Alchemy of ForeverThe Alchemy of Forever by Avery Williams

My rating: 4 of 5 stars


I finished this book so quickly. And not because it was under 250 pgs or that the words were rather large....no, although I am sure that helped, but because I was so drawn into this story that I just kept reading.

The story is about a group of people called 'incarnates' who take over other peoples bodies so they can live forever. The bodies they possess are only good for about 10 years and if they don't find another body before the body they are in expires they will be turned to dust and be gone forever.

The main girl, Seraphina, is tired of taking other peoples bodies, because she doesn't want to kill anymore. So after being an incarnate for 600 years she decides to run away. And it is 'run away' because the creator of them all, Cyrus, who is also an incarnate, is very possesive and controlling and would never just let Seraphina go.

So Seraphina makes a plan, but things go wrong and do not go as she had thought out so she must make some changes. Unfortunately, things become even more messed up and on top of what Seraphina is dealing with trying to get everything worked out she experiences things she never did before, which makes her double think her original plans.

Add to that that the fact that Cyrus is after her and that he may have found her.

Seraphina must find a way to outsmart Cryus, but still protect everything she has grown to care about.

There wasn't a whole lot of action in this book, but there was a lot of mystery and intrigue. Questions left unanswered. Some of the things I figured out right away, but I was so wrapped up in what was happening and what was going to happen to Seraphina that I wasn't too bothered by it.

I cannot wait for the next book because I just need to know what is going to happen next. And I need so many questions answered. Such as, why was a certain somebody in that part of town in the first place??

I usually don't come across a book like this that just draws me so deeply in unless it is a comtemparary so this book must be good!



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment