Monday, January 9, 2012

My thoughts on 'TAFT 2012' by Jason Heller

Taft 2012: A NovelTaft 2012: A Novel by Jason Heller

My rating: 4 of 5 stars


This book was not what I expected, but that is not meant in a bad way as you can see by the 4 star rating.

The book is divided into 2 sections, 2011 and 2012. 2011 was all about Taft getting to know America again and 2012 was about his campaign.

This is Hellers first book and he did an excellent job writing it. I really enjoyed the information I learned in here about Taft (although there was some fiction) and I loved how the chapters were broken up with news show excerpts, twitter 'tweets' and other such things.

The main thing that Taft talks about changing is the food in America. About getting back to organic, fresh food, etc. Also, about education. I really loved his views on everything and his outlook on life. He was down to earth and above all of the deceitfulness that is politics.

This book was so well written and I think even young adults would enjoy reading this.

I have to say that if Taft were truly running for President now, I would vote for him.



View all my reviews

1 comment:

  1. Ever see the movie The Great Game Ever Player? President Taft makes and appearance in that. Even though it's such a small part, it's all I could think about every time you said 'taft'.

    ReplyDelete