Tuesday, January 24, 2012

My thoughts on 'THE GODDESS TEST' by Aimee Carter

The Goddess Test (Goddess Test, #1)The Goddess Test by Aimee Carter

My rating: 4 of 5 stars


I usually do not read much during the day, but today I did.

I just couldn't put this book down. When I first started it I knew immediatelty that I would like it but not how much. I absolutely loved the writing!

This story if you cannot tell from the title is about Mythology. I have never read a story about Mythology and have never been interested in the gods, and honestly, I still am not, but this story was very interesting to me and I had to keep reading to find out what happened next.

I loved how there was mystery, intrigue and who-dun-it, and yes, I actually liked the romance that was in this book. Probably because it wasn't over the top and most times it was pretty subtle....I loved the characters, but there were also some things that I didn't care for and that is why the book only got 4 stars.

I actually became quite angry with the way Ella treated Kate at first. For those who have not read this book yet, Kate is the MC and Ella is one of the characters who works at Eden Manor, where Kate goes to stay for 6 months.

This is the story of Hades and Persephone, and I went into this not knowing barely anything at all about that story. But it didn't matter I still understood everything that was happening.

In a way it reminded me of Beauty and the Beast in some respects. And I kept picturing Belle and the Beast. The main difference was that Henry, or Hades, was not ugly in the least. He was a god so of course he was gorgeous.

I did guess a lot of what was going to happen in the book so either I am just really good at that or it was too predictable, but at the same time the parts I didn't guess made for a great surprise.

I liked how they explained the town of Eden. That was very interesting to me...as was Kate's moms role...and I have to say that Ava had me fooled.

The next book in this series is Goddess Interrupted and I cannot to read more of this story.





View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment