Tuesday, January 24, 2012

My thoughts on 'BREATHING UNDERWATER' by Alex Flinn

Breathing UnderwaterBreathing Underwater by Alex Flinn

My rating: 5 of 5 stars


This book was amazing!

I also read Breaking Point by Alex Flinn and absolutely loved that book too.

Such a deep and emotional story about emotional and physical abuse. The MC, Nick, who was 16 and very popular in school, started dating a girl named, Caitlyn, who wasn't too popular.

The story is about how Nick is emotionally and physically abusive to Caityln and has to go to anger management classes per court orders.

I really don't know to express the impact this book had on me, except to say that every time I would read one of his journal entries I would put the book down and literally say, 'Wow!', and then digest what I just read.

I always wondered how someone could hurt someone they claimed to love, and this book helped me to understand a little bit.

In no way is this acceptable but I was able to understand, at least in regards to Nick, how something like could happen.

If you like realistic fiction and books about abuse then you have got to read this!

I am uploading a You Tube video on this book and hopefully I was able to express myself a little bit better in that how this book affected me.

This is a video done by Leah Mouse-she does great videos and is very well spoken. She is very intellegent and has a lot to say on a lot of different subjects.






View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment