Wednesday, January 11, 2012

WDYT-Books you would rather NOT read

I did a youtube video on this topic yesterday and thought I should probably post about it on here too for those of you who do not watch my videos...

So, I always tell my husband what the books are about that I am currently reading, and the book at the time was "Forbidden" by Tabitha Suzuma. When I told him what that book was about (consensual incest) he made a disgusted looking face, and that got me to thinking...what books do people turn away from? What books would they rather not read? For reasons such as, boring, can't stomach, makes angry, too mushy, too sad, etc.

And my choice of books (topics) or genres would be:
  1. Mushy chick-lit
  2. Adult romance
  3. Westerns
  4. Torture
  5. War or Battle Fiction
  6. High Fantasy
  7. Historical Fiction
  8. Plays
  9. Shakespearian (can't understand)
  10. Anything with names or places that I can't pronounce
So tell me, what are some topics of books or genres that you would rather not read...and what are the reasons?

No comments:

Post a Comment