Friday, January 6, 2012

My thoughts on "THE PROBABILITY OF MIRACLES" by Wendy Wunder

The Probability of MiraclesThe Probability of Miracles by Wendy Wunder

My rating: 4 of 5 stars


I read this book in one night. I wasn't sure if I would, but I couldn't put it down.

It is about a girl named Cam who has cancer and about a portion of her life when she is 15-16yo. Cam gets some bad news and her, her mom and her sister set off on a journey to try and make things better.

I really liked Cams character-she was sarcastic...I really liked how you watched her transform from someone that had a wall up, from someone that refused to wish, to hope, to dream-to someone that let herself open up to so many things.

Despite everything she was going through, half of the time you wouldn't know she was sick. Cam was a very strong character-even though at the beginning it was a facade...instead of worrying about her situation she worried about other people.

This book let you know that you can dream, wish, hope, believe in miracles. No matter your situation there is always something bright to look to. You just have to allow yourself.

Cams character was such an inspiration. Yes, she broke at times, but she is only human, and she always came back. She didn't let her sickness dictate her life.

Cams mom and sister were also amazing characters. Her mom did everything she could for Cam but she also didn't treat Cam like a sick person. The same with her sister....they both encouraged Cam to go out and experience life-esp when all Cam wanted to do was lay in bed.

I also liked Cams love interest, Asher, although there were a few things I would have preferred to see different with him.

The town of Promise that the author created was amazing. I loved all the 'miracles' and what it did for Cam. The whole idea of the 'miracles' was a great part of the book.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment