Friday, January 27, 2012

My thoughts on 'LIVING VIOLET' by Jaime Reed

Living Violet (The Cambion Chronicles, #1)Living Violet by Jaime Reed

My rating: 3 of 5 stars


I read this book immediately after reading The Goddess Test and there were many things that were similar to me.



This is a story about a girl named Sam who works in a bookstore with a girl named Nadine. Also working at the bookstore is a boy named Caleb, who Sam thinks is weird but yet, she finds him intriguing-especially because of his violet eyes.



One day Sam and Caleb have a small chat at work and out of nowhere Caleb kisses her. And this begins their 'hot and cold' relationship.



There are some women around town that have been either dying or hospitalized because of heart attacks and then there is Caleb, whom Sam thinks is acting strange.



Sam soon learns some secrets about Caleb and her friend Nadine and after that nothing is the same for her.



There is intrigue, mystery, who-dun-it and of course romance in this book also. The same elements that were in The Goddess Test.



I thought that the story was well written and the characters were well done, but the whole 'thing' that was going on, the paranormal aspect, I wasn't too excited about. It was very interesting, but I don't know. It was just missing something for me.



I do want to add that there is a lot of pop culture in this book and the dialogue has a decent amount of slang in it. I actually found it more appealing to me, but years down the road I am not sure how that will affect the story.



Not a bad book and I am sure it will end up being a favorite of many people this year.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment